3M SF American Dream Mall Opening Now Promised For Fall, With More Retailers Announced
New Jerseyites will have to wait a little bit longer for their American Dream to come true.
Triple Five Group, the Canadian developer that built two of the three largest malls in North America, announced this week that its American Dream Meadowlands megaproject will open this fall, pushing back from the summer opening date set in March.
When Triple Five was first awarded the contract to develop American Dream in 2011, the opening was initially planned for early 2014, but a mall of some sort has been in the works on the site since the beginning of the 21st century. Even if the mall opens as promised this time, some stores won't be open until the holiday season or early 2020, Triple Five said in a statement.
Sprawled across 3M SF — but with a design Triple Five says allows shoppers to go everywhere in minutes — American Dream Meadowlands is made up of 55% entertainment and 45% retail. The entertainment offerings will feature several record-breaking spaces, Triple Five claims, including:
- The famed Big SNOW, the first "indoor snowpark" in North America.
- A DreamWorks Water Park, the largest indoor water park in North America.
- A Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, which would be the largest indoor theme park in North America.
- A luxury CMX movie theater with "4D" immersive technology such as water spray and smells.
- An NHL-sized hockey rink, with promotional deals in place with the New York Rangers, the New York Islanders and the New Jersey Devils.
- Kids entertainment venues Legoland Discovery Center, Sea Life Aquarium and KidZania.
- A 300-foot observation wheel, with heated gondolas for year-round use.
- The New Jersey Hall of Fame.
- Six grand atria, one with a bird-filled aviary and a "bunny rabbit garden," one with a tree-like LED structure that "performs" to music, another with a performance venue and yet another with a 60-foot "fashion water fountain that can turn into a catwalk in a matter of seconds."
Along with the updated opening announcement, Triple Five newly revealed forthcoming retail tenants Tiffany & Co., Watches of Switzerland, Dolce & Gabbana and fast-fashion, "interactive" retailer Fourpost.