Event Has Ended
Principal & CEO
Turner Impact Capital
President & CEO
AIG Global Real Estate
EVP & Chief Development Officer
Highridge Costa Development Company
SVP – National Residential Development
Division President, California
Lennar Multifamily Communities
Trammell Crow Residential
Founder & CEO
Mack Real Estate Development
The Bascom Group
EVP, Regional Managing Partner
Deputy Director, Community Planning & Implementation
City of San Diego Planning Department
VP of Conventional Loan Originations
Hunt Real Estate Capital
Vice President, Development
EVP & National Director, Multifamily
Matthews Real Estate Investment Services
Partner & CIO
Carpenters/Contractors Cooperation Committee
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Schon Tepler Group
Owner, Principal & Design Director
CEO & Founder
SVP & General Manager (S. California)
Starry Internet Services
Executive Vice President
Togawa Smith Martin
The Decro Group
Executive Vice President
Assurance and Tax Principal
Clifton Larson Allen
SVP, Senior Relationship Manager
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Breakfast, Coffee & Networking
Stephen Basham, Managing Analyst, CoStar Group
State of Property Management: How Are Market Leaders Attracting & Retaining Tenants?
- Larry Kallestad, Managing Director, Greystar
- Tom Klaese, VP of Strategic Partnerships, Stay Alfred
- Andrew Bowen, Industry Principal - Asset Optimization, RealPage
- David Montierth, SVP & General Manager, Starry Internet Services
- Moderator: Jamarah Hayner, President, JKH Consulting
Special Presentation: Eric Burka, Managing Principal, Streetsense
Building a Brand: How to Differentiate Your Product in a Booming Market
- Amirali Nasserian, SVP – National Residential Development, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield
- Rick Price, Vice President, Development, Raintree Partners
- Kim Bucklew, Managing Director, Alliance Residential
- Simon Hunter, Partner & CIO, CO OP
- John Waldron, Managing Principal, Studio T-SQ
- Moderator: Jamie Schwartzman, Chief Creative Strategist, Flux Branding
Networking Break & Speed Dealmaking!
Sold! Building & Selling SoCal's Class A Product
- Gino Canori, Executive Vice President, Related California
- Anand Kapadia, Executive Vice President, Interwest Capital
- David Harrington, EVP & National Director, Multifamily, Matthews Real Estate Investment Services
- Paul Zerger, Partner, Polaris Pacific
- Patrick Winters, Owner, Principal & Design Director, Nadel Architects
- Moderator: Todd Pennington, President, Build Group
SoCal Capital Markets: What Investment Trends Are Impacting the Region?
- Sue O'Bannon, CFO, Trammell Crow Residential
- Henry Manoucheri, Founder & CEO, Universe Holdings
- Jerry Fink, Managing Director, Bascom Group
- Seth Grossman, Senior Managing Director, Meridian Capital
- Charles Jones, VP of Conventional Loan Organ, Hunt Real Estate Capital
- Perry Colligan, Senior Vice President, Bellwether Enterprise
- Moderator: Dean Zander, Executive Vice President, CBRE
Special Presentation: Martin Amengual, CEO, CorbisStudio
Keynote: Doug Tymins, President & CEO, AIG Global Real Estate
Moderator: Kitty Wallace, Executive Vice President, Colliers International
Navigating Costs: How are Dealmakers Financing New Development Amidst Rising Overhead?
- Kevin Lindquist, COO, Mack Real Estate Development
- Rosie Cooper, Managing Director, JPI Companies
- Ray Haj, Vice President, Swinerton
- David Kersh, Executive Director, Carpenters/Contractors Cooperation Committee
- Robert Montano, Director, Government & Community Relations, Adept Development
- Behrouz Bozorgnia, CEO & Founder, Mobbil
- Moderator: Karine Clark, SVP, Senior Relationship Manager, Umpqua Bank
Addressing Affordable & Mixed Income Housing: Designing, Financing & Navigating Policy
- Mohannad Mohanna, President, Highridge Costa Development Company
- Laura Black, Deputy Director, Planning Department, City of San Diego
- Laura Vandeweghe, COO, The Decro Group
- Jim Dixon, President, Togawa, Smith, Martin
- Moderator: Timothy Hutter, Partner, Allen Matkins
Keynote: Bobby Turner, Principal & CEO, Turner Impact Capital
Moderator: Afdhel Aziz
Development Dynamics: SoCal Leaders Shaping the Region's Multifamily Market
- JJ Abraham, President, California, Lennar Multifamily Communities
- Ken Kahan, Founder & President, California Landmark
- Garrett Lee, President, Jamison Properties
- Artem Tepler, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Schon Tepler Group
- Moderator: Carey Heyman, Principal, CliftonLarsenAllen
Bisnow Multifamily Annual Conference (BMAC) West
The West Coast has always been a desirable place to live. As it continues to attract attention from new residents, investors and developers, the region boasts a solid multifamily market. Job and residential growth continue to be strong and steady.
Developers are responding to demand with new construction- the Los Angeles Metro region alone having over 12,000 new units in the pipeline. Many still argue however that there is a housing crisis- in both availability and affordability.
As market leaders build a for a growing region, they are making expert decisions as they raise their capital stack, design state of the art buildings, and construct amidst rising costs.
Multifamily development in the region faces a complicated, though hopefully promising future.
What strategies are top owners, developers, brokers, financiers designers and builders taking as they build and invest in the West Coast? How do they envision the multifamily market playing out?
Join us as examine the region's growth potential, explore areas of opportunity, and strategize its success.
Jump into the conversation on Instagram and Twitter at @BisnowLA and the hashtag #BMACWest2019.
For questions, press inquiries and recommendations, email your Event Producer James Shearin at James.Shearin@bisnow.com.
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national multifamily market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
900 West Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Ballroom/Floor: Diamond Ballroom, 4th floor
Parking Information: Valet $20.00 if leaving before 5:00pm, or $23.00 if leaving after 5:00 pm.
The Ritz Carlton Los Angeles
900 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Luxe City Center Hotel
1020 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles
901 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
The NoMad Hotel Los Angeles
649 S Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles
506 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90071