Sneak Peek at Toyota's HQ Designs
Following its "One Toyota" motto of uniting all HQs in North America into one spot, Toyota Motor North America unveiled the architectural renderings of its future North American HQ in Plano yesterday. The spaces are designed to be environmentally sensitive while creating a collaborative vibe, says Toyota North America Region CEO Jim Lentz. Toyota intends to pursue LEED Platinum certification, Jim says. As part of One Toyota, the company plans to bring all its HQ, including Toyota Motor Sales USA, Toyota Financial Services, Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America and Toyota Motor North America, into this single, shared campus.
Designed by Corgan Associates, the Toyota campus will include:
• Seven buildings, up to five stories tall, arranged around a large central plaza that serves as the literal and symbolic heart of all social and business functions—including dining, fitness and conferencing facilities.
• Building facades that are predominantly glass, with generous roof overhangs along the southern exposures to cast shade.
• Local and regional materials and low-water plantings that reflect the native landscapes of North Central Texas.
• Water features for catchment and storage of water for irrigation.
• Parking structures and office buildings that can support solar panels for renewable energy production.