The Wharf Reveals List Of Restaurants Planned For Phase 1
A preliminary list of the restaurants and bars that will be included in Phase 1 of The Wharf has been unveiled. Several renowned restaurateurs and local food establishments have signed on, with the following exciting concepts slated to be ready for the grand opening in fall 2017:
- Del Mar. A two-level waterfront Spanish and seafood restaurant from Fabio Trabocchi.
- Requin. Mike Isabella and Top Chef finalist Jennifer Carrol have plans for a riverside restaurant inspired by the Mediterranean Coast of France.
- Hank’s On The Water. Jamie Leeds will be offering a new spin on her famed Hank’s Oyster Bar that will feature “urban beach food.”
- Potomac Distilling Company. A two-story tavern and waterfront commercial rum distillery from renowned mixologist Todd Thrasher.
- Rappahannock Oyster Bar. Travis and Ryan Croxton will occupy the restored historic oyster shed building at the Municipal Fish Market.
- Kirwan’s Waterfront Pub. Ireland native Mark Kirwan will bring an authentic Irish Pub to the mix, complete with a traditional Irish menu and live Irish music.
- Taylor Gourmet. Casey Patten and his team will continue their mission to “make you the best damn sandwich in the District,” with a new location at The Wharf.
- Dolcezza Gelato: The husband-and-wife team of Rob Duncan and Violeta Edelman are planning a waterfront café featuring old-world gelato and carefully crafted coffee.
Phase 1 of the $1.7B mega-project is scheduled to deliver in 2017. The team behind The Wharf continues to meet with additional chefs and food purveyors to round out the restaurant roster.