1. There is no doubt that D.C. is growing, though we're seeing many local developers and investors turning to secondary markets in the states. Is it time to leave the nest?
2. How will traditionally successful markets in Northwest D.C. compete as development spreads out into other submarkets in Northeast, Southeast, and Southwest?
3. As D.C. grows and development reaches emerging markets, what does that look like for the people living there, and how are developers ensuring projects benefit them?
4. How will The Fed's rate hikes impact your REIT investments nationwide and in D.C.?
5. Everyone has their own opinion about the current cycle. Where are we really, and how well have we actually projected it's end?
Situated in the heart of the city’s most storied avenue, 2112 Penn boasts 230,000 square feet of office space and nearly 10,000 square feet of retail featuring a uniquely sculpted architectural façade. Individually articulated, vertical glass fins facing Pennsylvania Avenue create an iconic wave expression across the façade. The tenant experience is enhanced by light penetration through the high-performance curtain wall, elegant common area design, and best-in-class amenities that include an expansive roof terrace offering 360 degree views of Washington.
At Skanska, our goal is to create compelling environments that enable tenants to thrive.
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast, Coffee & Networking
|8:30 AM - 8:45 AM||
Remarks From The Podium
Phyllis Liebman Brill, Immediate Past President, CREW DC - William Rich, President, Delta Associates
|8:45 AM - 9:10 AM||
Expanding D.C.'s Horizons
What Strategies Are Experts Taking As They Develop in Emerging Markets?
|9:10 AM - 9:40 AM||
Strengthening the Central Business District
As D.C. Moves Outwards, How Do We Ensure A Thriving CBD?
|9:40 AM - 10:10 AM||
Leadership in Commercial Real Estate
How Are Our Strongest Leaders Trailblazing Their Teams To Success?
|10:10 AM - 10:30 AM||
Ray Ritchey, Senior Executive Vice President, Boston Properties Paul McDermott, CEO, Washington REIT
|10:30 AM - 11:00 AM||
2112 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20037
Floor: 3rd Floor
Self-Parking: 2112 Pennsylvania Ave. Garage. The garage is accessed off the alley on Eye Street between 21st and 22nd Street.
One thing is for sure. There is a LOT going on in our nations' capital and its commercial real estate market. We've recently seen an investment sales frenzy, a dramatic drop in multifamily rental rates, and an increasingly rare win for the office market.
This leads us to ask... What is really going on in our commercial real estate market? In a region dramatically reliant on the federal government, the administration's reluctant decision on a budget is looking promising for the CRE market. But will this boost come into fruition?
As our city spreads out, we are so excited for its potential, but what does the success of other submarkets mean for traditionally successful markets in the CBD and Northwest DC?
This is THE event of the year in DC that you will not want to miss. Join us as the city's most prominent, successful and impactful developers forecast the future of our great city's commercial real estate market.
Don't forget to add your insight to the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #DCStateOfTheMarket18 and don't forget to follow @BisnowDC!
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our DC event producer, James Shearin at James.Shearin@Bisnow.com.