Peter joined Transwestern in 2012 as executive vice president of Transwestern’s Government Services Division based in Washington, D.C. He concentrates on marketing and leasing commercial space to federal, state and local Government entities.
Prior to joining Transwestern, Peter was the executive director and head of Cushman & Wakefield’s Federal Practice Group, based in Washington, D.C. Having formerly served as in-house broker for the General Services Administration, Peter had dedicated his practice to Government Real Estate transactions, also having experience and education as an attorney, architect and construction manager.
As a broker both within GSA and in the private sector, Peter has been lead broker in lease transactions for over 10 million square feet of commercial office transactions with the Federal Government in the greater Washington, D.C. area with a total contract value of more than $3 billion. He has consistently been ranked among the top 10 Regional Leasing brokers in the Greater Washington area, and was listed as the top landlord office broker in the entire United States for 2008-2011 based on transaction volume by COSTAR.
• GWCAR Top 10 Leasing Broker 2002 (VA), 2003 (VA), 2005 (MD & Regional), 2008 (D.C. & Regional), 2009 (MD, D.C. & Regional), 2010 and 2011 (Regional)
• #1 Broker in MD in 2005 and awarded deal of the year five times since 2010 (GWCAR x2, NAIOP x2 and WBJ)
• Costars Top 20 Regional Power Broker seven times between 2004-2011
• Brokered the largest lease transaction of the year for the NCR in 2004 (existing building, DOD – 401,000 SF), 2008 (USCG – 592,000 SF), 2009 (HHS – 805,000 SF), 2010 (Defense Health Headquarters – 670,000 SF) and the second largest in 2011 (HHS – 936,000 SF)
• 2010 GWCAR Leasing Transaction of the Year and the NAIOP 2011 Award of Merit for the Defense Health Headquarters
• 2011 GWCAR Transaction of the Year and 2012 NAIOP Transaction of the Year for Health and Human Services
Peter earned his Bachelor of Science in Architecture at the University of Virginia, concentrating on Design and Construction Management. He also earned his Juris Doctorate from the Catholic University of America. Peter is a licensed salesperson in Washington, D.C. and Virginia and licensed broker in Maryland.
EVP, Government Sevices Group