November 13, 2019
Global Head, Facilities Infrastructure
Member, Board of Directors
United Security Bank
VP, Data Centre Infrastructure & Strategy
Director, Critical Facilities
BMO Financial Group
Director, Real Estate Operations
eStruxture Data Centers
President & CEO
ROOT Data Center
Senior VP, Operations
eStruxture Data Centers
Loudoun County, VA Economic Development
Vice Chairman, Data Center Advisory Group
Cushman & Wakefield
VP & Preconstruction Manager, Critical Facilities
Turner Construction Company
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Networking, Breakfast and Registration
Welcome to Bisnow's Inaugural DICE Local: Toronto 2019!
State of the Data Center Market: Capital, Development and the Evolving International Outlook
• AJ Byers, President & CEO, ROOT Data Center
• Jaime Leverton, CCO, eStruxture Data Centers
• Sean Maskell, President, Canada, Cologix
• Jim Paterson, Senior VP, Global Product Management, Sungard Availability Services
• Buddy Rizer, Executive Director, Loudoun County, VA Economic Development
The Modernization of the Data Center Life-Cycle: Construction, Design, Efficiency & Infrastructure and Operations
• Moderator: Peter Kangas, VP & Preconstruction Manager, Critical Facilities, Turner Construction Company
• James Beer, Senior VP, Operations, eStruxture Data Centers
• Brian Ferris, Director, Real Estate Operations, Bell Canada
• Dave Wildman, Global Head, Facilities Infrastructure, Bloomberg LP
Financial Sector Deep Dive: Scalability, Sustainability and the Enterprise Perspective in the Cloud Age
• Moderator: Randolph Borron, Vice Chairman, Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield
• Stephan Abraitis, VP, Data Centre Infrastructure & Strategy, RBC
• Nabeel Mahmood, Member, Board of Directors, United Security Bank
• Kirby Peters, Director, Critical Facilities, BMO Financial Group
Post-Event Networking & Data Center Tours!!
DICE Local: Toronto '19
DICE Local: Toronto | Data Centre Investment Conference & Expo, Toronto
Bisnow is proud to present its inaugural Data Centre Investment Conference & Expo (DICE) Toronto!
According to CBRE's Data Center Trends Report H2 2018, Eastern Canada -- namely Toronto and Montreal, are among the fastest-growing data centre markets in North America.
Toronto's data centre boom is synonymous with its standing as Canada’s largest city and leading financial and tech hub. Its current market size of 240 MW and vacancy rate of 16% indicate how new builds and expansions are attributing to increased availability of DC space. Furthermore, the city's skilled, growing labour market and world-class connectivity attribute to this region's economic expansion.
Topics will Include:
1. How will increased power density and cooling capacity impact site selection?
2. As end user demands shift, how will the growing use of outsourced IT services drive demand for off-premise data centres and onto the cloud?
3. How will the Internet of Things and AI impact data centre demand?
4. With deployments becoming more dense and compact, what are hyperscalers and cloud providers doing to be more sustainable?
5. What do the growth of micro data centres, 5G and Edge Computing innovations mean for today’s data centre requirements?
-Bisnow's DICE Events bring together those with the following backgrounds:
-Data Centre Operators
-Colocation, wholesale and cloud providers
-Enterprise end users of Information Technology, Business Operations and Analytics
-Economic Development Associations
Join us for this premium event this September 2019 to network with the leading owners, developers, investors, end users and major players in the data centre space.
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowDICE on Twitter.
For questions, recommendations or press inquiries, please email Adam.Knobloch@Bisnow.com
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national healthcare market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
Sungard Availability Services
371 Gough Rd
Markham, ON L3R 4B6, Canada