October 31, 2019
Dr. R. Guy Hudson
Swedish Health Services
J. Michael Marsh
President & CEO
Overlake Medical Center
Chief Health System Officer
Senior Investment Officer
SVP Dr. Full Member Clinical Research Fred Hutch
President & Executive Director Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Director of Health Strategy
Executive Director & COO
Benaroya Research Institute
Dr. Jeff Tomlin
Principal & Healthcare Market Leader
Ankrom Moisan Architects
Principal & Owner
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Director of Workspace Consulting
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Breakfast, Registration, Welcome
Medical Forecast 2030: The Influence of Policy, Public-Private Partnerships and Academia
• How will the current behavioral crisis, future physician shortages, and aging population strain the healthcare industry, both from an operational and real estate standpoint?
• What can the industry do now to maintain cost-effective, accessible care?
• How are health systems, non-profits, developers and government executives partnering via P3 to deliver high-quality, cost-effective health facilities?
• The Future of the ACA Under the G.O.P. Tax Bill: The new G.O.P. tax bill eliminates the individual mandate penalty for not having healthcare, weakening Obamacare. What does this mean for the industry?
Future of Healthcare Facilities Design & Construction
• The millennial generation is driving the demand for hotel-like hospitals and human-centered health facilities. How will this impact the way hospitals, outpatient facilities and urgent care clinics are designed?
• Where are the opportunities for the AEC community?
• What will the rest of 2019 bring in regard to new development, leasing and financing in healthcare?
• Will the market remain healthy?
• Trends for cost saving and efficiency
• What states and cities have the most activity and opportunities for healthcare?
Optimizing Wellness: Technology, Patient/Employee Experience, and Population Health Management
• Will outpatient facilities overtake the demand for new hospitals?
• How will the demand for convenient-care, off-campus facilities and non-traditional healthcare settings affect cost, employment and patient satisfaction?
Lunch & Networking
Senior Living and Assisted Care Boom!
• Seattle as a retirement mecca
• Changing expectations and hyper-personalized senior care
• Who is building, who is investing, where, why and how?
• Is senior housing recession resistant? Is now a good time to get involved?
Life Science Growth and Seattle as an Immunology Hub
• Who are the major development players currently building life sciences campuses and facilities in the greater Seattle area?
• What is the relationship like between the life sciences and biotech companies (from startup to IPO) and CRE developers and investors?
• What areas are turning into hotbeds for life science growth and the immunology revolution and is there adequate demand for the supply under development?
• Meeting tenant demands and talent retention?
End of Event Networking and Schmooze
National Healthcare Series: Pacific Northwest
Healthcare continues to dominate national headlines, with major mergers, acquisitions,and uncertainty around the ACA. Subsequently, there have been several opportunities within the real estate market. CBRE's U.S. Medical Office and Healthcare findings propose a variety of outlooks:
· The senior citizen population (65+), which is the highest per-capita healthcare spending demographic, will double by 2055
· Cost containment continues to drive hospital consolidation and expansion of outpatient facilities
· The absorption of medical office space continues to be greater than the supply, which has lead to an 8% vacancy rate (* as of Q1 2017)
· Healthcare has seen an increase in transaction volume, with nearly $10 billion for the year ending Q1 2017
Overall, the mission for healthcare is clear: provide quality service to a mass population in an efficient, ethical and cost-effective manner. With rising costs, however, executing healthcare's mission is an incredible challenge.
As the healthcare evolves to keep up with industry demands, how can hospital systems, healthcare providers and real estate executives work together to succeed in delivering quality healthcare while maintaining a valuable return on investment?
Join us for this full day event to hear more about these topics and to network with the biggest influencers in healthcare real estate, healthcare providers, hospital systems, academic institutions, healthcare REITs and construction & design firms. As always, Bisnow provides an abundance of opportunities for networking and deal-making in a fast-paced, (almost) never boring, full day event. We look forward to seeing you there!
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowHealth on Twitter and Instagram, and follow @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.
For questions, comments and press inquiries, contact Tess, our Manager of National Events, at Tess.Jones@bisnow.com
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national healthcare market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
Four Seasons Hotel Seattle
99 Union Street
Seattle, WA 98101
Ballroom/Floor: 2nd Floor
Parking Information: Valet Parking: $35.00 per vehicle