1) How will MTA and other major forms of mass transit handle the city's population growing faster than projections?
2) How are developers building and maintaining buildings to prepare for the future?
3) NYC transit is struggling with old infrastructure and overcrowding, what can be done now?
4) Because of the city's population growth, will the supply of multifamily be able to match demand?
5) How will the potential effects of climate change and the growing interest in sustainable development influence CRE development?
6) As the population of NYC increases, is the only way to match demand to go up? How can city zoning change the skyline?
7) Sustainability has started to become an integral part of real estate development in NYC, but are we doing enough?
Unique penthouse space atop 8-story building built in 2001, designed by architect Annabelle Selldorf, located in iconic New York City Meatpacking District now immediately offered for rent.
Available for the first time in 15 years this 14,500 square foot offering boasts:
• soaring ceiling heights (14'-20')
• open and flexible floor plan
• floor to ceiling windows and unobstructed panoramic views north and south of lower Manhattan
• existing interconnecting staircase
• private outdoor terrace
Lower floors are home to flagship location for Estee Lauder's BUMBLE&BUMBLE, luxury menswear CANALI corporate offices, and soon to open concept space INTERSECT BY LEXUS.
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Land Use: Space and the City
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
A Look into NYC Infrastructure Woes
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
415 West 13th Street
415 W 13th St,
New York, NY 10014
NYC has the biggest metro system in the country and that has been a great contributor to the city's growth and power. However, the Big Apple is now faced with aging infrastructure, some dating back to the 1930s. With NYC's population increasing at record levels each year, overcrowding is straining the decaying subway system.
Mayor de Blasio has set out to achieve big goals during his term. One in particular is his vision to create a sustainable city with: zero waste, improved air quality, cleaned up brownfields, and water management. "Environmental and economic sustainability must go hand in hand - and oneNYC is the blueprint to ensure they do," said Mayor de Blasio. What will the future of sustainability look like for CRE, will NYC reach urban sustainability?
As always, there will be plenty of opportunities to network with industry leaders and learn from top executives. We'll look forward to seeing you there!
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our NYC Event Producer, Heather at email@example.com