Patrick is the firm's Co-Managing Shareholder. His practice focuses on commercial real estate, and assisting clients in acquiring, disposing, capitalizing and forming companies. Patrick’s real estate practice covers all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisition, development, capitalizing, financing, leasing and disposition of all product types of commercial real estate. His corporate/commercial practice centers on the formation and restructuring of commercial entities, including corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, as well as the acquisition, capitalization, financing and disposition of business enterprises, the preparation of various contracts and agreements, and the representation of clients in their ongoing business activities.
Commercial real estate; mergers and acquisitions; corporate/commercial transactions
J.D., Texas Tech University, 1996
B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 1993
State Bar of Texas
“Texas Super Lawyer,” Texas Monthly, 2013 – 2016
“Texas Rising Star,” Texas Monthly, 2005 – 2012
Houston Business Journal Deal of the Year, Residential Real Estate – 2015
Houston Business Journal Deal of the Year, Education – 2016
Houston Bar Association, Real Estate and Mergers & Acquisitions Sections
National Association of Industrial & Office Properties (NAIOP)
Houston Realty Business Coalition
ABA Business Law Section (Member, Mergers and Acquisitions Subcommittee)
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Speeches and Publications:
“Parents Beware! Think Twice Before Co-Signing Your Child’s Apartment Lease,” AM Law Alert, January 2017
CRE Panelist, CoreNET Young Leaders Mentor Program, Rice University, February 2012
“Game Changer… Chapter 64 of the Texas Property Code,” Bisnow Report, August 2011
“Successful Real Estate Workouts… Do They Exist,” Gainer Donnelly & Desroches Roundtable Forum, July 2011
“New Texas Law to Adversely Impact Real Estate Owners, Tenants,” CityBiz Houston, July 2011
“Eye on Houston: Rise in Traditional Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” CityBiz Houston, October 2010
“Borrowers Beware: Are ‘Securitized’ Loans Really Nonrecourse?” Texas Lawyer Magazine, March 15, 2004 (co-author)
· Represented management in connection with the acquisition of a division that is a value-added distribution of cathodic protection products used in the control and monitoring of corrosion on metallic structures across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas segments, and in the municipal and utility sectors.
· Represented the sellers of approximately 306 acres of land in southwest Houston to The University of Texas. The sale was named by Houston Business Journal as HBJ’s Deal of the Year winner for Education in 2016.
· Represented DC Partners in connection with the development and financing (including equity financing through the EB-5 program) of Astoria, Arabella and Marlowe, three high-rise condominiums in Houston, Texas. The Arabella project was named by Houston Business Journal as HBJ’s Deal of the Year winner for Residential Real Estate in 2015.
· Represented the owners of Montgomery Machine Company, a Houston-based company that combines machining and proprietary cladding technology and services to manufacture high-specification components for the offshore capital equipment industry, so a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc.
· Represented several commercial real estate owners in connection with refinancing their existing loans with CMBS loans.
· Represented a Houston-based real estate firm in connection with the development, acquisition and disposition of student-housing and multi-family projects across United States.
· Represented a Woodlands-based developer with the development and financing of four shopping centers comprising 250,000 sf in the aggregate.