Event Has Ended
Speakers to be Announced
8375 Dominion Parkway – Plano, TX – DataBank’s newest Uptime Certified TIER III Data Center, and the third in the Dallas area, is open for business in Plano, TX. The 144,000SF facility provides over 72,000SF of raised-floor space for build-to-suit client deployments. Our Plano data center is located near Legacy Park and offers network availability to multiple dark fiber providers with redundant backbone connectivity, public cloud on-ramps, access to Peering Fabrics and blended-bandwidth solutions to meet any business requirement. Diverse utility feeds provide more than 40MW of power, and the total footprint of the facility can be expanded to 265,000SF. Security measures include full perimeter fencing, round-the-clock on-site security personnel and dual-factor authentication (card and biometric) on exterior entry and all data center entrances.
Distinguished Engineer & Master Inventor
Chief Technology Architect
City of Dallas
Head of Analytics, Commercial Excellence
Member, Board of Directors
United Security Bank
VP, Enterprise Risk Management
American Heart Association
Senior Director, Strategic Engagements - MRT
Janna Luther Connor
Unit Manager Data Centers
BlueCross BlueShield of Texas
President & CFO
Chief Innovation Officer
Aligned Data Centers
Founder, President & CEO
ScaleMatrix and DDC Cabinet Technology
Cloud Capital, an affiliate of CloudHQ
Senior VP, Development & Acquisitions
Senior VP, Customer Lifecycle & Operations
EdgeCore Internet Real Estate
StratCap Data Centers
Mary Jane Horne
Senior VP, Network Operations & Engineering
Executive Vice President
Carrier-1 Data Centers
VP, Peering, Interconnectivity & Ecosystem
Executive VP, Development & Strategic Procurement
Director, Data Center Operations
Evoque Data Center Solutions
Advanced Technology Core Market Co-Leader
VP & General Manager, Global Critical Facilities Group
Turner Construction Company
Account Executive, Data Center Solutions
Manager, North American Sales
Director, Data Center Engineering & Sales
Senior Associate, Occupier Advisory Group (OAG)
Cushman & Wakefield
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Networking, Breakfast & Registration
Welcome to DICE South 2019!
State of the Market: Capital, Development and DFW's Data Center Boom
• Moderator: John Arcello, Advanced Technology Core Market Co-Leader, DPR Construction
• Chris Curtis, Senior VP, Development & Acquisitions, Compass Datacenters
• Christof Hammerli, Digital Infrastructure, Landmark Dividend
• Raul Martynek, CEO, DataBank
• Ryan Sullivan, Managing Director, Lincoln Rackhouse
• Bryan Marsh, VP, Global Asset Management, Digital Realty Trust
The Day After Tomorrow: Data Center Construction, Design, Planning and Today's Evolving Workforce
• Moderator: Daniel Gemme, VP & General Manager, Global Critical Facilities Group, Turner Construction Company
• Lane Anderson, VP, Development & Strategic Procurement, QTS
• Trey Berndt, Executive Vice President, Carrier-1 Data Centers
• Tim Gainey, Manager, Business Development - Commercial Applications, Tindall Corporation
• Kevin Ooley, President & CFO, DataBank
• Chris Orlando, CEO, ScaleMatrix
Morning Networking Break
The Last Mile: 5G, Data Center Interconnectivity, Peering and Life on the Edge
• Moderator: Whitney Griggs, Account Executive, Data Center Solutions, Schneider Electric
• Peter Cohen, VP, Peering, Interconnectivity & Ecosystem Development, QTS
• Mary Jane Horne, Senior VP, Global Network Services, INAP
• Sean Maguire, Senior Director, Strategic Engagements - MRT
• Nabeel Mahmood, Member, Board of Directors, United Security Bank
Modernizing Infrastructure & Operations: Optimizing Site Reliability and Sustainability
• Moderator: Daniel Kennedy, Director, Data Center Engineering & Sales, Tate
• Jay Brummett, Senior Director, Data Center Facilities, DataBank
• Janna Luther Connor, Unit Manager Data Centers, BlueCross BlueShield of Texas
• Therese Kerfoot, Senior VP, Customer Lifecycle & Operations, EdgeCore Internet Real Estate
• Dave Meadows, Director, Industry, Standards & Technology, STULZ USA
Lunch & Learn Workshop: Data Center Cooling & Efficiency of Tomorrow
• Moderator: Mike Herwald, Manager, Sales - North America, Munters Corporation
• Cary Frame, CEO, Polargy
• Phill Lawson-Shanks, CDO, Aligned Energy
• Robert Miller, President, Earthwise Environmental
• Mark Taylor, Director, Data Center Operations, Evoque Data Center Solutions
• Terry Vergon, Senior Director, Critical Facilities, Alorica
The Now & Future of Cloud Migration, Hybridization & Managed Services
• Moderator: Brooke Petosa, Senior Associate, Occupier Advisory Group (OAG), Cushman & Wakefield
• Ryan Barbera, CEO, Data Canopy
• Jay Battershell, CEO, McLane Intelligent Solutions
• Lance Black, Founder, President & CEO, VAZATA
• Shannon Hulbert, Co-Founder & CEO, Opus Interactive
Next-Gen Applications: AI, IoT, Data Security & Beyond
• Moderator: Martin Herbert, Associate Principal, HED
• Romelia Flores, Distinguished Engineer & Master Inventor, IBM
• Girish Ramachandran, Chief Technology Architect, City of Dallas
• Paola Saibene, VP, Enterprise Risk Management, American Heart Association
• Randy Stroud, CISO, Hunt Companies
DICE South Post-Event Cocktail Reception: Cocktails & Hors d'Oeuvres!
DICE South '19
DICE South | Data Center Investment Conference & Expo, South
Join us for our annual Data Center Investment Conference & Expo (DICE) South in Dallas!
With 40.2 MW of net absorption reported in H2 2018, Dallas is the third-largest data center market in North America behind Northern Virginia and Silicon Valley.
The Dallas data center market is already home to 2.99 MW SF of commissioned data center space. With 570 MW of additional capacity in planning stages, there is a strong inclination toward growth, with a high demand from enterprise tenants.
Why Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)?
Favorable Business Climate: DFW has expanded by 5.7% in the last year, putting the region in the top ten best economy in the US.
Tax Incentives: The state grants tax breaks for large enterprise and colocation users.
Reasonable Power Costs: electricity is relatively inexpensive in the region, at 4.5 cents/kWh in 2018.
Strong Power and Fiber Infrastructure: The regional infrastructure is both dense and diverse, with “Telecom Corridor” headquartered north of Dallas.
Topics will Include:
1. How will increased power density and cooling capacity impact site selection?
2. As end-user demands shift, how will the growing use of outsourced IT services drive demand for off-premise data centers and onto the cloud?
3. How will the Internet of Things and AI impact data center demand?
4. With deployments becoming more dense and compact, what are hyperscalers and cloud providers doing to be more sustainable?
5. What do the growth of micro data centers, 5G and Edge Computing innovations mean for today’s data center requirements?
6. Will Dallas start to gain hyperscale projects in a market historically driven by service providers and enterprise users?
Our Bisnow DICE Events bring together those with the following backgrounds:
-Data Center Operators
-Colocation, wholesale and cloud providers
-Enterprise end-users of Information Technology, Business Operations and Analytics
-Economic Development Associations
Join us for this full-day premium event on August 20, 2019, to network with the leading owners, developers, investors, end users and major players in DFW's booming data center market.
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowDICE on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @BisnowDallas on Twitter for more local news.
For questions, recommendations or press inquiries, please email Adam at Adam.Knobloch@bisnow.com
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the local and national data center market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
8375 Dominion Pkwy
Plano, TX 75024
Parking is free
Floor: 1st and 2nd floor
Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel
6007 Legacy Dr, Plano, TX 75024
NYLO Dallas Plano Hotel
8201 Preston Rd, Plano, TX 75024
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
7121 Bishop Rd, Plano, TX 75024
Please note parking for this event is off-site. Shuttles will be available to take you to and from the event space throughout the duration of the event.
Address for parking:
JCPenny Parking Garage SOUTH (top level ONLY)
6501 Legacy Dr
Plano, TX 75024