September 24, 2019
President & CEO
Sinai Health System
Dr. Suzet McKinney
CEO & Executive Director
Illinois Medical District
Director of Leasing
President & CEO
Illinois Health and Hospital Association
Chief Investment Officer
Physicians Realty Trust
Managing Partner, Decennial Group
Founding Principal, Farpoint Development
Sr. Director Real Estate Services
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
Dr. Robert Winn
Assoc. Vice Chancellor for Community Based Practice
University of Illinois Cancer Center
Dr. Brian Stein
Associate Chief Medical Officer
Rush University Medical Center
Associate Vice President, Research
Director of Healthcare Design
SVP of Business Development
Strategic Venue Partners
Project Executive and Healthcare Market Segment Lead
Turner Construction Company
Registration, Breakfast & Networking
Healthcare Forecast 2020
• How will the current behavioral crisis, future physician shortages, and aging population strain the healthcare industry, both from an operational and real estate standpoint?
• How can the industry provide innovative delivery models, while maintaining, cost effective care for patients and members?
• How are health systems, non-profits, developers and government executives partnering via P3 to deliver high-quality, cost-effective health facilities?
Healthcare Real Estate Investment: Staying Ahead Of The Supply And Demand Marketplace
• What are the best practices to keep costs down?
• What is the current transaction volume of healthcare real estate in the midwest and how does it compare to other marketplaces?
• What is the supply and demand marketplace for 2020 and beyond and how can you be best prepared for it?
Break, Stretch and Grab Coffee!
Optimizing Wellness: Maximizing Data To Improve Access and The Patient and Provider Experience
• How are you using data to drive facility growth and new development?
• How will the demand for convenient-care, off-campus facilities and non-traditional healthcare settings affect cost, employment and patient satisfaction?
• How are the newest technologies in healthcare impacting the midwest, and what are they?
Lunch & Networking
Future Of Healthcare Facilities: Design, Tech, Construction And Driving Revenue Through Innovation
• The millennial generation is driving the demand for hotel-like hospitals and human-centered health facilities. How will this impact the way hospitals, outpatient facilities and urgent care clinics are designed?
• Where are the opportunities for the AEC community?
• What will 2020 bring in regard to new development, leasing and financing in healthcare?
• Where in the midwest has the most activity and opportunities for healthcare?
Building Chicago's Biomedical Innovation District
• What is an innovation district and how can it help Chicagos economic growth and expansion?
• How is the demand for new buildings being met for the healthcare and life science industry?
• What institutions and organizations are cultivating this space?
• How to retain top talent
• What is driving the growth of Chicago's innovation district and how can the neighborhood provide support services to residents and workers in the district?
Networking, Deals & Schmooze
National Healthcare Series: Midwest Real Estate Summit!
As the healthcare industry evolves to keep up with patient needs, how can hospital systems, healthcare providers, and real estate executives work together to deliver quality access to care while maintaining a valuable return on investment?
Major healthcare mergers & acquisitions and uncertainty around the ACA continue to dominate national headlines and have resulted in a plethora of healthcare real estate opportunities. It appears these trends will continue, as CBRE's U.S. Medical Office and Healthcare findings propose a variety of outlooks:
· The senior citizen population (65+), which is the highest per-capita healthcare spending demographic, will double by 2055
· Cost containment continues to drive hospital consolidation and expansion of outpatient facilities
· The absorption of medical office space continues to be greater than the supply, which has lead to an 8% vacancy rate (* as of Q1 2017)
· Healthcare has seen an increase in transaction volume, with nearly $10 billion for the year ending Q1 2017
Overall, the healthcare industry's mission is clear: provide quality care to a mass population in an efficient, ethical and cost-effective manner. However, with rising costs, achieving this aim is an incredible challenge.
Join us for this full day event to gain insights into these topics and to network with the biggest influencers in healthcare real estate, provider groups, hospital systems, academic institutions, healthcare REITs, and construction & design firms. We look forward to seeing you there!
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowHealth on Twitter and Instagram, and follow @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.
For questions, comments and press inquiries, contact Tess, our Manager of National Events, at Tess.Jones@bisnow.com
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national healthcare market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
Radisson Blu Aqua
221 N Columbus
Chicago IL 60601
Ballroom: Atlantic Ballroom- first floor
Discounted Valet: $28