(1) What are the best strategies for student housing development in the urban core? Are developers building market-rate apartments in Chicago with amenities that appeal to students?
(2) How are universities partnering with developers, architects, GCs and more in reaching their student objectives? Are these partnerships more hands-on or hands-off? What's in the pipeline for P3?
(3) What innovations have there been in student housing in terms of design and construction? Unique to Chicago? On-campus compared to off-campus?
(4) What's the 2020 Vision for student housing in Chicago? What are the biggest challenges?
(5) Beyond Student Housing: What additional considerations (graduate student housing, faculty housing, facilities) are impacting what's being built?
|7:30 AM - 8:25 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:25 AM - 8:30 AM||
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Investing in Student Housing: 2018 Outlook
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
University Development: Student Housing Of The Future
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
JW Marriott Chicago
151 W. Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Ballroom: Burnham Ballroom & Foyer, Forth Level
Parking Information: Valet: $31 per car.
Self-Parking: Garage located across the street at Towers Self Park, 211 W Adams St, Chicago, IL 60606. $25 per car.
Join us for our Chicago Student Housing & University Development this March!
With areas such as the Chicago Loop - which has over 58,000 students at 22 colleges and universities downtown - demand has never been higher for housing.
We'll be covering the Investing in Student Housing. With some of the biggest student housing investors headquartered in Chicago, what's evolving in the space and the way investors are approaching student housing?
This will be followed by a University & Campus Lifestyle perspective - hearing directly from the universities and those working closely with them on what their 2020 vision is, and how the sector continues to evolve. How are those in the industry partnering to create live-learn environments and prepare for Gen-Z? What the innovations in design & construction are to address the constraints and ever-evolving student needs?
For questions, recommendations, comments, or press inquiries please email our student housing producer, Helen, at email@example.com.
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowChicago on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @BisnowCHI on Twitter for more news.