March 5, 2020
City of Atlanta
Sunny River Management
VP, Global Infrastructure & IT Operations
Leader, Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture
Global Head of IT Infrastructure
Data Center Manager
Co-Founder & President
RedBird Capital Partners
VP, Development - Hyperscale
President & CEO
GIGA Data Centers
Senior VP, Design & Construction
Mary Jane Horne
Senior VP, Global Network Services
Evoque Data Center Solutions
Director, U.S. Innovation
Bennett & Pless
Douglas County Economic Development Authority
Director, Industry Standards & Technology
Leading Edge Design Group
Manager, Sales - North America
Senior VP & Director, Data Center Solutions
VP, Strategic Development
Miles Loo, Jr.
Executive VP & Global Lead, Valuation & Advisory
Newmark Knight Frank
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Breakfast, Networking & Registration
Welcome to DICE Southeast 2020!!
The Data Center Ripple: Atlanta, GA & the State of the Data Center Market
• Moderator: Miles Loo, Jr., Executive VP & Global Lead, Valuation & Advisory, Newmark Knight Frank
• Tyler Alexander, Principal, RedBird Capital Partners
• Daniel English, Co-Founder & President, Legacy Investing
• Terry Rennaker, VP, Development - Hyperscale, Equinix
What's In Your Data Center? Digital Infrastructure, Network Enablement, the Edge and Opportunities to Reduce Latency
• Moderator: Jeff Ivey, VP, Strategic Development, CPG
• Mary Jane Horne, Senior VP, Global Network Services, INAP
• Parminder Singh, Leader, Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture, Cox Communications
• Jeff Uphues, CEO, DC BLOX
Morning Networking Break
Designing for Tomorrow: What Are Today's Owners and Tenants Requesting With Their Infrastructure Requirements?
• Moderator: Todd Boucher, Principal, Leading Edge Design Group
• Tim Gainey, Manager, Business Development-Commercial Applications, Tindall Corporation
• Ed Gazzola, CEO, Bennett & Pless
• Michael Silla, Senior VP, Design & Construction, Flexential
Cities & States: Perspectives from Public Side of the Enterprise
• Tye Hayes, CTO, City of Atlanta
Lunch & Learn Workshop: The Next Frontier of Data Center Efficiency
• Moderator: Mike Herwald, Manager, Sales - North America, Munters Corporation
• Leigh Channell, Operations Engineer, Evoque Data Center Solutions
• Tim Cooper, Data Center Manager, Travelport
• Dave Meadows, Director, Industry Standards & Technology, STULZ USA
• Jake Ring, President & CEO, GIGA Data Centers
• Mohammad Zahid, Global Head of IT Infrastructure, Exide Technologies
The Next Wave: The Convergence of Data Centers and Digital Infrastructure (The American Tower Story)
• John Ghirardelli, Director, U.S. Innovation, American Tower
• Timothy Kiser, Founder, Colo Atl
• Hunter Newby, Owner, Newby Ventures
Southeast Strategy: The Future of Data in the Southeast and Evolving Submarkets
• Chris Pumphrey, Executive Director, Douglas County Economic Development Authority
Afternoon Networking Break
Financed by FinTech: How is ATL's Hottest New Industry Driving Data Centers for Tomorrow
• Moderator: Tim Huffman, Senior VP & Director, Data Center Solutions, CBRE
• Andy Green, VP, Global Infrastructure & IT Operations, PRGX
• Timothy Stanley, CTO, Sunny River Management
Major New Projects & Campus Expansions
• John Mailler, Global Manager, Infrastructure Construction, Facebook
DICE Southeast 2020
Join us for our third annual Data Center Investment Conference & Expo (DICE) Southeast in Atlanta!
For the third consecutive year, Atlanta – the largest city in the Southeastern U.S., – is staking its claim as a power player in the world of data centers, only growing its presence on the national stage. As recently as 2015, Atlanta was the 10th-largest data center market in the U.S. yet today is in contention for Top 5 status nationally.
The jump in standing can be credited to Facebook, CyrusOne, and Switch – all of whom have ambitious expansion plans thanks, in part, to 2018 GA legislation, offering new data center construction of between $100M - $250M full exemption in sales and use taxes.
Another source of the success is FinTech! Atlanta and “Transactional Alley” are home to more than 120 FinTech firms, making it the third-largest FinTech hub in the U.S, processing more than 70 percent of all credit card transactions, according to the Atlanta Small Business Network.
DICE SOUTHEAST 2020 TOPICS
1. New technologies that impact renewable energy, energy production, and cooling
2. Notable new construction and expansion of existing data center campuses
3. The continued impact the 2018 legislation and tax breaks have on development and investment
4. The result of a tech-driven relationship between the private sector and public educational institutions.
5. The role data centers can play, in partnership with other organizations, on advancing a community ala Smart Cities
Strong Connectivity. Atlanta is a top 5 U.S. market for total bandwidth and fiber access,driven by high demand from the area’s concentration of corporate headquarters.
Comparatively Low Prices. Atlanta’s land prices are low compared to other major U.S. cities. With diverse power sources available, utility costs are at 50% of the national average.
Desirable Business Location. Home to the world’s busiest airport and top-tier universities, Atlanta is a great place for companies requiring educated talent, abundant land and convenient transport. What’s more, its state and sales tax is lower than adjacent states.
Low Natural Disaster Risk. Nestled in the Southeastern U.S., Atlanta is free from earthquakes. Its inland location is far enough from the Gulf Coast and Atlantic Ocean to be at risk for hurricanes.
Bisnow DICE Events bring together those with the following backgrounds:
-Data Center Operators
-Colocation, wholesale and cloud providers
-Enterprise end-users of Information Technology, Business Operations and Analytics
-Economic Development Associations
Join us for this premium event on March 5, 2020 to meet and mingle with industry leading and visionary owners, developers, investors, and end users, in the data center space.
Share your comments, post photos, and ask questions using #BisnowDICE on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @BisnowAtlanta on Twitter for more local news.
For questions, recommendations or press inquiries, please email Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the Southeast and National data center market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
Atlanta | Venue to be announced 1 month prior to the event