April 26, 2018
Chief Experience Officer/CMO
MGM Resorts International
Manchester Financial Group
The Chartres Lodging Group
EVP Brands & Innovation
Trump Hotel Group
Head of Research
Senior Director, Hospitality
Canyon Capital Realty
Vice President, Acquisitions & Development
Viceroy Hotel Group
Executive Vice President
Bank of the Ozarks
President & Founder
Vice President – Upscale Development
Choice Hotels International
CEO, Ridgemont Hospitality & Commissioner
President & CEO
California Hotel & Lodging Association
President - Operations
Managing Director, Senior Partner
Southern California Hospitality Core Market Leader
K2 Clean Energy Capital
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Registration, Networking & Breakfast
State of the Lodging Industry
Art of the Deal: Navigating Hotel Investment in 2018
Hotel Construction & Design Trends: How To Build It Beautifully
Networking & Lunch
The Future of Brands & Loyalty Programs
The Future of Reservations: OTAs, Direct Bookings, and More
Innovations & Technologies Revolutionizing Hospitality
The Future of Resorts: Experiential Tourism
Cocktails & Networking
Bisnow Lodging & Innovation Series (BLIS) West
The hospitality industry is constantly transforming, and it’s hard to find time to catch your breath and figure out where the future is headed.
On a national level, the industry had another year of record-setting metrics across Occupancy, REVPAR and Rooms Revenue, while on the West Coast, California set a record with the number of new hotel rooms opened in 2017.
According to a 2018 Outlook Report by Deloitte, the hotel industry neared $1.6 trillion in bookings in 2017 making it one of the largest and fastest growing sectors in the world. Travel companies are doubling efforts to meet travelers’ demands for technology and wellness, and the sharing economy and the emerging millennial market are forcing industry leaders to rethink their business models. Global political uncertainty, policy reform, and safety concerns are more prevalent today than ever. There are challenges on the horizon for the hospitality industry, and firms who fail to innovate risk losing market share in this fiercely competitive industry.
Join us for this year's Bisnow Lodging Innovation Summit (BLIS West), where the Nation's biggest movers and shakers will rub shoulders with West Coast hospitality legends.
Topics To Include:
1. How Blockchain Will Revolutionize Hospitality: According to Hospitality Tech, "Blockchain is a digital ledger of economic transactions and can be programmed to record financial transactions." In 2017 there was more than $1.8 billion invested in Blockchain companies. Frank Wolfe of HFTP claims blockchain was a key reason TUI sold Hotelbeds last year for $1.2 billion, "moving TUI out of the role of a business-to-business intermediary, which blockchain can easily replace." How will firms employ this technology, and what benefits, or risks, will it have on the industry as a whole?
2. How To Avoid Scams: AHLA estimates that there are more than $3.9 billion in "bad" bookings annually. Find out how hackers are stealing your revenue and the keys to preventing online scams.
3. Renovations Are Key: Last year was a record-breaking year for hotel renovations, with 1/5 existing properties receiving an upgrade. Find out why developers are renovating now more than ever before, and what is driving the shift towards hotel renovations.
4. The Future of Loyalty Programs: Is Airbnb considering a guest membership program? Find out what the future of rewards programs will look like.
5. Major Brands Replicate Authentic Boutique Experience: Choice Hotels, Marriott International, and Hyatt Hotels are increasingly opening boutique-style mini-chains aimed at specific lifestyle-travelers. Will the trend towards authentic lodging experiences last?
6. How U.S Immigration Policy Under Trump Impacts Workforce Labor: Find out how Trump's strict immigration crackdown has many in the lodging and hospitality industry wary their workforce could take a hit.
7. Hotel Investment In 2018: Which markets and countries are underserved for new development and investment in 2018 and beyond?
The conference will focus on the future of hotel innovation, investment, and development. A few core topics we'll cover are new distribution models, new technologies, creating strong brand narratives and enhancing loyalty, as well as understanding the experience-driven trends in the industry. We will also discuss the current state of the lodging market, opportunities and challenges in hotel investment and development, and key economic drivers and trends in construction and design. And, of course, there will be plenty of networking time!
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national hospitality market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.