This Week's Chicago Deal Sheet
SVN Chicago Commercial completed the following transactions:
- John McDermott and Aidan Bowe represented the buyer in the $1.4M acquisition of a 23K SF industrial building at 1958 University Lane in Lisle.
- John Hancko represented the seller in the $975K sale of a 10K SF retail building at 915 Green Bay Road in Winnetka.
Brown Commercial Group’s Dan Brown was the sole broker in the following transactions, totaling 137K SF and $7M:
- A 66K SF building at 1340-1400 Higgins Road in Elk Grove Village was sold by Northern Glass, which signed a long-term lease for 30K SF within the building.
- A 51K SF building at 1425-1455 Tonne Road in Elk Grove Village was sold by a private investor.
- A 24K SF building at 300-388 Arrowhead Drive in Gilberts was sold by a private investor.
First Western Properties’ Paul Tsakiris represented both parties in the sale of a 1,400 SF retail condominium at 1931 South State St. in the South Loop.
NAI Hiffman’s Kelly Disser and Mike Freitag represented the seller of a 20K SF property at 500 Mitchell Road in Glendale Heights to Greater Chicago Motors. Berkshire Hathaway Koenig Rubloff Real Estate Group’s Cris Sallmen represented the buyer.
Interra Realty’s Patrick Kennelly was the sole broker in the $1.5M sale of a 24-unit apartment building at 1941 Kenilworth Ave. in Berwyn.
Lee & Associates completed the following transactions:
- Jeff Janda and Chris Nelson represented Suntrans International in the sale of a 34K SF industrial building at 1550 Glenlake Road in Itasca. JLL’s Keith Stauber and Steve Ostrowski represented the buyer, TSW Alloy Wheels.
- Chris Nelson, Ken Franzese and John Cassidy represented Prologis in the sale of a 225K SF industrial building at 1501 Nicholas Blvd. in Elk Grove Village. Colliers International’s Chris Volkert and Brendan Green represented the buyer, GHP Group.
- Walter Murphy represented Axium Resources in the $1.8M sale of a 55K SF industrial building at 6226 South Oak Park Ave. in Chicago. NAI Hiffman’s Chris Gary and Ben Cramer represented the seller, First American Bank.
Mid-America Real Estate’s Rick Drogosz, Carly Gallagher and Dan Rosenfeld were the sole brokers in the $9.6M sale of Brady Place, a 25K SF shopping center in Milwaukee. Mid-America sold the property on behalf of the seller, Monroe Investment Partners.
Colliers International’s Dan Arends, Dougal Jeppe and Tim Hart represented Ramboll in a 20K SF lease consolidation at 333 South Wacker Drive. The lease represents a 26% reduction.
NAI Hiffman’s Aubrey Van Reken represented the tenants in the following transactions:
- HealthiPASS signed a 4,693 SF fully furnished spec lease at 1111 West 22nd St. in Oakbrook. Lincoln Property Co.’s Matt Hickey represented ownership.
- 3-Points signed a long-term 10K SF lease at 801 Oak Creek Drive in Lombard. CBRE’s Tara Torbik represented Golub & Co.
- Black Line Consulting signed a lease extension, expanding into a 3,606 SF office at 1751 West Diehl Road in Naperville. Bradford Allen’s John Milner and Ryan Moen represented Stabilis Capital Management.
Lee & Associates completed the following transactions:
- Chris Nelson represented American Linehaul in a 46K SF lease renewal and expansion at 1147-49 Ellis in Bensenville. The building is owned by Prologis.
- Steve Bass and John Sharpe represented Stockbridge Capital, and John Cassidy and Ken Franzese represented Touchpoint Logistics, in a 100K SF lease renewal at 2300 Galvin Drive in Elgin.
- Steve Bass and John Sharpe represented Stockbridge Capital, and Colliers International’s David Bercu represented Marketing Alternatives, in a 118K SF lease renewal and expansion at 2550-60 Northwest Parkway in Elgin.
JBS Commercial Real Estate’s Brian Silverman represented ownership, and NAI Hiffman’s Mike Van Zandt represented tenant Interior Design Group, in a 5,164 SF lease at 750 Warrenville Road in Lisle.
First Western Properties completed the following transactions:
- Paul Tsakiris and Marion Abramiuk were the sole brokers in a lease with House of Fades Barber College at 9600-9650 South Pulaski Road in Oak Lawn.
- Paul Tsakiris and Fahim Lakhani were the sole brokers in a seven-year lease with Bright Side Dental at 12601 South Western Blvd. in Blue Island.
Seyfarth Shaw hired Michael Rechtin Jr. as a partner in the firm’s real estate department. Rechtin’s practice focuses on data center transactions and leasing, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, build-to-suit transactions, financing and development. He joined Seyfarth Shaw from Baker & McKenzie.
Axiom Advisory Group hired Steve Laskowski as director of project management and Craig Hershel as an adviser.
Pine Tree made the following personnel moves:
- Jennifer Costa was promoted to senior vice president, director of property management.
- Graham Grochocinski was promoted to executive vice president, brand, creative and omnichannel marketing.
- Caitlin Dec joined the firm as assistant property manager.
Ginsburg Jacobs made the following hires:
- William Choslovsky and Jeffrey Friedman as partners, with Choslovsky specializing in litigation and restructuring and Friedman in corporate and real estate law.
- J.B. Allen and Jean Yoon as attorneys.
JC Anderson was selected to complete renovations to the first floor of the Union League Club of Chicago at 65 West Jackson Blvd. The construction team is led by Anthony Douglas, Adam Scheitel and Ryan Kingsmill. Chambers is providing the architectural services.
CBRE, through its corporate philanthropy program, CBRE Cares, is partnering with Rebuilding Together to renovate one of Ada S. McKinley’s program locations at 1112 East 87th St. The volunteer projects at the facility will include patching and painting walls, replacing windows, cleaning and organizing a storage area, replacing office furniture, providing carpentry and plumbing repairs, and painting two murals.
Podolsky Circle CORFAC International’s Alissa Adler and Gina Fridberg hosted Martinis in March, a networking event celebrating International Women’s History Month, at the Bassment in River North. More than 70 guests attended.
Bradford Allen was appointed as leasing agent for 142 East Ontario, an 18-story office building in Streeterville, by the American Osteopathic Association. Andy DeMoss and Matt Wright will lease the 137K SF building.
Podolsky Circle CORFAC International’s Steve Podolsky won largest industrial award – square feet at CORFAC International’s 2017 COR$TAR Awards in Austin, Texas. Podolsky shared the award with Treat MacDonald of Crump Commercial in Memphis, Tennessee, on a 299K SF lease for XPO Logistics in Memphis.
Draper and Kramer’s David Newton was awarded Accredited Residential Manager of the Year by the Institute of Real Estate Management’s Chicago chapter. The award was presented to Newton at IREM Chicago’s annual Premier Awards, held March 2 at Chicago’s Drake Hotel. Newton is property manager at 1350-60 Lake Shore Drive. He oversees all aspects of operations for the 740-unit community, including managing finances and employees as well as overseeing resident services, and led a three-year rehabilitation of the property’s facade.
The 2018 CRE Broker Hockey Classic raised over $10K to benefit Chicago Blackhawks Charities and the Inner-City Education program.
The event, organized by NAI Hiffman, Langehaumer Construction and CONLON Commercial, has raised over $50K in total donations over the past eight years.
More than 80 people were in attendance for the game Thursday evening, with 36 Chicago-area brokers on the ice. Team Blue defeated Team Gray 12-11 in sudden death overtime.