La Porte Town Center Breaks Ground
La Porte dignitaries and citizens gathered for a groundbreaking celebration on July 4th as construction of the first phase of La Porte Town Center began. The project is the future home of the rebirth of Houston's iconic Gilley's. A full-service resort hotel and spa (brand to be announced) will serve as a key anchor for the project. Tenants have committed to about 60% of the space, with active conversations and interest rapidly increasing.
The project’s developer, Western Spherical Developers' David Miles, grew up in the region and is excited to bring new economic development opportunities to La Porte and East Harris County.
- Selwyn Thint, Crystal Creek Developers
- Daryl Leonard, City of La Porte City council member
- Rex Worley, son of Vincent Worley
- Vincent Worley, Worley Commercial
- Mickey Gilley, country music legend
- Mayor Louis Rigby, City of La Porte
- Scott Livingston, former La Porte Economic Development Coordinator
- State Rep. Dennis Paul, District 129
- Dottie Kaminski, City of La Porte council member
- Danny Earp, City of La Porte council member
- Mark Follis, City of La Porte Planning and Zoning Commission
- Kristin Martin, City of La Porte council member
- Bob Mitchell, president, Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership