Event Ended On: Thursday September 13 2018
Registration Questions? **Please note we have pricing tiers based on ticket availability. Ticket prices will increase once we sell out of the current pricing tier. We cannot redeem a lower price once the ticket prices have been raised. **Bisnow is a cashless, checkless operation. Please only submit payment via credit card.
Registration, Breakfast & Networking
The Multifamily Mega Projects Transforming Tampa
Post Game Schmooze
The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
4860 West Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33609
Ballroom: Bayshore I & II
Parking Information: Complimentary Undercover Self-Parking
With Tampa & St. Petersburg ranked as one of the top three destinations for millennials to move to in the US being a clear indicator of the region’s growth potential, there is no doubt that the outlook for the region is bright.
This outlook has only been complemented by the vision of government and private enterprise with initiatives encouraging the net migration of people and economic activity across the board and has spurred the development of mega projects from The
Bromley Co's Development’s $500M in Midtown to SPP’s Waterfront Project, the $200M Westshore Marina District and the
$350M West River Redevelopment. These dynamics can be seen in the local workforce, which according to recently published statistics seem to also reflect the adage that “if it works here, it will work anywhere,” with the majority of the workforce aged between 24 and 35. Our test case, however, has not been finalized yet as the answer as to the outlook for the multifamily market. Namely, how will the increased supply of new product entering the market, combined with current aging inventory, and the low cost of home ownership forge the market? Join our all-star panelists and the team at Bisnow as we journey into the answers on the horizon in addition to how the region is impacting the multifamily market across the nation from the startup planning on giving homes to flood victims, to the Bay’s storm resiliency planning. Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #Bisnow on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.
1) With multiple projects coming in with a price tag over $1B, which developments are placing the greatest focus on the multifamily component?
2) With city plans to demolish 820 public housing apartments underway, when can we expect to see the positive impact hoped for in the retail sector through increased residence? Furthermore, what state does this leave us in when it comes to affordable housing?
3) With recent statistics showing Tampa’s cost of living above that of the regions average wages, how will leasing rates be impacted by the supply coming online as part of Tampa’s mega-development projects?
4) When it comes to developing the Tampa Bay’s latest multifamily projects, how is storm resiliency being accounted for and how has the region’s vulnerability to adverse weather impacted development?
5) How will increased seasonal visitors to Tampa as a result of the increased number of entertainment based developments like the Seminole Hard Rock Casino’s $700 million expansion mean for the local multifamily market in Tampa & St. Petersburg?