1. What will Birmingham’s office market look like in 20 years? What amenities are redefining the workplace and retaining tenants?
2. How can landlords future-proof workplaces for growing companies to ensure they do not outgrow their space?
3. How will HS2 impact the office market today and into the future? Have the effects been over-estimated?
4. Is WeWork coming to Birmingham in 2019? Despite the serviced office boom, smaller suite offices are still in high demand. What type of office space are investors and developers targeting?
5. Is Birmingham facing a refurbished office floorspace famine?
Somerset House is the latest addition to the BE Offices group, providing their award-winning flexible workspace product with great service and no up-front costs. Clients can enjoy everything from coworking and meeting space to serviced office suites and private floors. The centre is packed with hidden treats such as a roof garden terrace, gym with showering facilities and secure cycle racks exclusively for clients.
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Schmooze
|8:30 AM - 9:10 AM||
Investment & Development
What’s Being Bought & Built
|9:10 AM - 9:50 AM||
Serviced Office & Skyscraper Takeover
Evolution of Tenant Demands
|9:50 AM - 10:10 AM||
Keynote: Connecting Birmingham
Maria Machancoses, Director, Midlands Connect
|10:10 AM - 10:30 AM||
Post Panel Networking
BE Offices - Somerset House
According to Deloitte’s 2018 crane survey, office development across Birmingham continues to be at a historic high with 1,436,254 sq ft under construction. As the UK’s second largest city and the youngest city population in Europe, Birmingham is emerging as the best affordable alternative to London. With the arrival of HS2, The Commonwealth Games and a revival in infrastructure, can the city capitalize on this exciting time to continue attracting tenants?
Serviced office providers dominated office deals in Birmingham city centre in the second quarter, taking 55% of the total space transacted. According to data from KWB, the April to June quarter saw 94K SF let to serviced office operators over five deals, equating to 55% of total transactions. Despite the massive boost in serviced office space, there is still a strong demand for smaller suite offices yet availability of refurbished office floorspace is low.
Join us in December for our Birmingham Office Boom! We'll be talking about red-hot investment activity, developments, and the future of tenant demands and office design.
For questions, comments or press inquiries, email Kaitlyn at Kaitlyn.Wendler@Bisnow.com
Share your comments, post your photos and ask questions using #BisnowEurope on Twitter and follow us at @BisnowEurope on Twitter for more local news