Event Has Ended
Speakers to be Announced
EVP, Chief Investment Officer
American Campus Communities
VP, Senior Multifamily Mortgage Banker
Chief Investment Officer
Senior Managing Director
Vice President of Development
CEO & Founding Member
Mark Hart Architecture
World Class Capital
McAllister & Associates
The Preiss Company
President and CEO
Vice Chairman, Student Housing
Newmark Knight Frank
Chairman, President &CEO
National Campus and Community Development Corporation
Texla Housing Partners
Associate Vice President Auxiliary Services
University of North Texas
Fountain Residential Partners
Assistant Vice President
Harrison Street Real Estate
Vice President of Development
Business Development Director
Senior Associate/Academic Market Sector Manager
MORE SPEAKERS TO BE ANNOUNCED
Registration, Breakfast, Coffee & Networking
Getting Deals Done: Investments, Capital Markets, P3 Partnerships, And Student Housing Finance
• William Talbot, EVP Chief Investment Officer, American Campus Communities
• Amber Rao, Vice President, Multifamily Capital Markets Lending, Keybank
• Doug Kligman, Chief Investment Officer Vesper Holdings
• Moderator: Doug Opalka, Senior Managing Director, HFF
Building For Tomorrow: Construction, Design, and Developments In The Pipeline
• Brian Thompson, Executive Vice President Investments, CA Ventures
• Mike Paluga, Vice President Development, Peak Campus
• Matthew Marshall, Vice President Development, RISE< br> • Sean Studzinski, Principal, Stantec
• Bryan Kent, Project Executive, DPR Construction
• Mark Hart, CEO, Senior Archetect, Mark Hart Architecture
• Moderator: Sherry Mundell, Regional Director, WoodWorks
Sit Down With Nate Paul
Nate Paul, CEO, World Class Capital
Dani Tristan, Broker, McAllister & Associates
CEO Market Update
• Donna Preiss, CEO, The Preiss Company
• Andy Feinour, President & CEO, Student Quarters
• Ryan Lang, Executive Managing Director, ARA Newmark Student Housing
• Greg Eden, Chairman President & CEO, National Campus and Community Development Corporation
• Moderator: Ben Bruns, Business Development Director, Weitz
Affordable Student Housing: Is The Time For Luxury Running Out?
• Roger Phillips, CEO, Texla Housing Partners
• Daniel Armatage, Associate Vice President Auxiliary Services, University of North Texas
• Brent Little, President, Fountain Residential Partners
• Andrew Weidner, CIO, Core Spaces
• Jonathan Rayes, Assistant Vice President, Harrison Street Real Estate
• Moderator: Sarah Ibarra, Senior Associate/Academic Market Sector Manager Page
End Of Event
Bisnow Annual Student Housing South
With students facing steep costs for higher education, housing is a top priority and a key factor in the decision process for commitment. Undergraduate enrollment is projected to increase to 17.4 million students by 2027 according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Developers looking to capitalize on this demand must also consider the impact of the school community and additional cost that housing implies for young students and families coming to the area.
Our all-star panelists will dive deep into student housing capital markets and finance, housing of the future, CRE tech, and value-add opportunities, as well as:
Current Trends in University Life: University Partnerships: How can universities partner with private developers to work together to address evolving student demands.
Affordable Student Housing: The cost of housing has added thousands on top of an already high bill for many families. A lot of universities have more students then beds which poses an issue for the surrounding communities. The waitlist alone for UNT housing is $400 for new students.
Development Trends: Where is capital coming from and what is going to push the market forward?
Join Bisnow in Austin and hear from the top owners, developers, investors, universities, and more at our most exciting event of the year!
Share your comments, post your photos, and ask questions using #BisnowBASH on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.
For questions, comments, and press inquiries, contact Tess, our Senior Event Producer at Tess.Jones@bisnow.com.
Bisnow events are known for facilitating deal-making with lots of networking opportunities. Whether you are an owner, developer, manager, broker, lender, supplier, or consultant, your company is a crucial part of the national student housing market. Bisnow offers many opportunities for you to build good will and raise your company’s profile in this ever-changing industry. You’ll connect with existing and potential customers, partners, distributors, investors and vendors, and have the opportunity to showcase your products and services in front of a large and relevant audience.
Venue & Travel
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
700 San Jacinto Street
Austin, TX 78701
Ballroom: Capital Ballroom - 2nd floor
Parking Information: $14 discounted day use self-parking