This Week's Chicago Deal Sheet
Want to get a jump-start on upcoming deals? Meet the major Chicago players at one of our upcoming events!
NGKF senior managing director Elise Couston received some new hardware for her office mantle over the holidays.
Couston was awarded the Richard G. Levy President's Award by the Chicago chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors. She's pictured at the ceremony with SIOR Chicago's president, NAI Hiffman EVP Adam Roth. The award goes to someone who has gone above and beyond to serve the industry, fellow members and their community. Couston was one of Bisnow's 2014 Power Women, served as the 2014 SIOR Chicago chapter president, is a past president of AIRE, and is a member of CREW. She writes the Industrial Insider column for Chicago Industrial Properties.
The Missner Group’s Barry Missner and Ed Adler led the acquisition of Cadence at Conway Park at 300 North Field Drive (pictured) in Lake Forest. The 138k SF Class-A office building was sold by Hospira, which paid $28.8M for the property in 2007.
Marcus & Millichap’s John Abuja repped the seller, Special Assets, and Madison O’Connor and Mark Masino repped buyer Lichter Realty in the $2M trade of an office building at 4055 West Peterson Ave.
Kiser Group’s Lee Kiser, Michael Feldstein, Luke Lesniewski and Stevens Haen repped both parties in the $15.3M sale of a three-building, 109-unit multifamily portfolio in Rogers Park. The buildings are at 6100 North Winthrop, 6101 North Winthrop and 6110 North Winthrop.
Monarch Realty’s Bill Baumann, Brian Semel and Mike Anguiano repped both parties in the following transactions:
- The $4.6M sale of 1800 West Farwell, a 44-unit apartment building in Rogers Park.
- The $4.3M sale of 1351 West Touhy, a 43-unit apartment building in Rogers Park.
- The $3.1M sale of a three-building portfolio in Albany Park at 3104 West Ainslie, 4633 North Lawndale and 4948 North Harding.
Interra Realty completed the following transactions:
- Brad Feldman and Brian DiBasilio repped the seller, Ivan Perini, and Craig Martin repped the buyer in the $871k sale of a four-unit walk-up building at 3502 North Sheffield (pictured) in Wrigleyville.
- Brad Feldman and Brian DiBasilio repped both parties in the $1.1M sale of an 11-unit multifamily property at 1403 West Sherwin Ave in Rogers Park.
Essex Realty’s Jim Darrow and Jordan Gottlieb repped the seller, and Doug Imber and Kate Varde repped the buyer, in the $8.6M sale of a 56-unit mixed-use building at 3200 South Oak Park Ave in Berwyn.
HFF completed the following transactions:
- Amy Sands and Clinton Mitchell repped the seller of Prospect Plaza, a 190k SF, grocery-anchored retail center in Gladstone, MO. The buyer was an affiliate of Northeast Capital Group, a private investment firm based in Ramapo, NY, and led by Joel Kiss.
- Jaime Fink, Jeff Bramson, Mark Katz, Bryan Rosenberg and Patrick Shields repped both parties in the sale of 1007 Church St, a 155k SF office tower in Evanston. HFF’s Christopher Carroll and Christopher Knight arranged acquisition financing for the buyer.
Venture One Real Estate, through its newly launched acquisition fund, VK Industrial IV, bought a 363k SF industrial building on 37 acres at 800 South Northpoint Road in Waukegan (shown). Colliers International’s Chris Volkert, Fred Regnery and Alain LeCoque repped the seller and will be retained by Venture One to market the property along with Colliers’ Brendan Green.
Mid-America Real Estate’s Wes Koontz, Christian Tremblay and Ben Wineman, along with Mid-America Real Estate – Wisconsin’s Dan Rosenfeld, repped the seller of a 90k SF Metro Market in Shorewood, WI.
SVN | Chicago Commercial completed the following transactions:
- Wayne Caplan and Craig Franzen repped the seller, Sabal Financial, in the $5.2M sale of a 110k SF retail center at 7925-31 Indianapolis Blvd in Hammond, IN. The buyer was Dealpoint Merril.
- Deena Zimmerman repped the buyer in the $1.5M sale of a Dollar Tree at 8517 South Cottage Grove in Chicago.
- Deena Zimmerman repped the buyer in the $1.2M sale of a Dollar General at 2828 Central Ave in Lake Station, IN.
Lee & Associates’ Chris Nelson and Michael Androwich Jr. repped the buyer of a 157k SF industrial property at 826 East 26th St in LaGrange Park. CBRE’s Pete Robinson repped the seller.
MB Real Estate’s Craig McCaw repped Nurture Lite in its 8k SF lease at 358 West Ontario in River North.
CBRE’s Pete Roberson repped landlord Hackman Capital Partners and NAI Hiffman’s Chris Gary repped tenant Nufarm Americas in a 108k SF lease at 11939 South Central Ave in Alsip. The lease brings the 321k SF building to 100% leased.
ASC’s Igor Zhizhin arranged $4.1M in financing for a nine-unit mixed-use property in Lincoln Park.
Transwestern appointed June Simonian and Michael Cello as SVPs in its Chicago Tenant Advisory Services team; Michael Bacik was named SVP in the firm’s Rosemont office.
KTGY Architecture + Planning hired Manish Shah as executive director of architecture at the firm’s Chicago/Midwest office. Shah will work in the national healthcare design practice.
Avison Young’s Erik Foster and Mike Wilson were awarded the exclusive sale listing for a 58k SF industrial building at 1800 Sycamore Road in Manteno, IL. Foster and Wilson will represent the owner, Agracel, a regional industrial development firm based in downstate Effingham.