1) When looking for a place to call home, what do the nation’s biggest tech tenants like Amazon look for in their future home on a citywide and project level?
2) Is there enough innovation in Chicago ensure the tenants of tomorrow are grown from within ensuring tech job growth continues? Who exactly is funding their development?
3) As the city becomes a more mature tech hub and a leader in a variety of fields from agriculture to finance, which sectors will we see Chicago become a specialist in?
4) From an urban development and infrastructure perspective, which UrbanTech initiatives are the most important to ensure that innovation is supported in a City of the Future?
5) How is tech changing the way in which we interact with the urban environment and what tech will have the most significant impact on the way in which they go about their day to day lives?
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||
Breakfast & Networking
|8:30 AM - 9:15 AM||
Developments on the Forefront of Innovation
|9:15 AM - 10:00 AM||
Building A City of the Future: A Global Tech Hub
|10:00 AM - 10:30 AM||
Startup Presentations, Coffee & Networking
Venue to be announced by June 12
Chicago has long been a focal point of the nation’s economic development and continues to be so today. From a top-down perspective, the likes of Groupon and Motorola Solutions touting Chicago as their home are clear signals that the largest of tenants are drawn to innovative cities.
Given the pursuit of even larger tech tenants and the fierce competition, it is clear that the innovative qualities of the city which attracted these in tenants in the first place need to continue to spawn. So who exactly are the masterminds driving the growth of the next generation of tech in the windy city?
As Amazon representatives roam the Windy City don’t miss Bisnow’s Building Cities of the Future Chicago Edition as we take a look at the VC funds driving the investment in addition to meeting the masterminds behind the planning of the urban landscape needed to support growth on this scale. Our all-star panelists, startup founders and VC Investors will provide a glimpse of what’s to come for the rest of the nation, share insight as to when the industry is going to leapfrog forwards, the advances which will have the highest ROI in CRE and have the greatest impact on the way in which we interact with the built environment.
To accomplish this, Bisnow's 2018 Chicago UrbanTech Summit will feature a top-tier line-up of CRE tech industry titans, high-ranking government of officials, innovators and entrepreneurs to demonstrate the impact of UrbanTech on all that surrounds us, to deliver actionable insights, and to showcase presentations from the startups expected to have the greatest impact to a panel of investors.
Share your comments, nominate a startup, post your photos and ask questions using #CRETechSummit on Twitter and Instagram, and follow us at @Bisnow on Twitter for more local news.