West Coast Editor
Bisnow is seeking a seasoned, razor sharp West Coast Editor in Los Angeles or San Francisco to help lead, report and build our burgeoning commercial real estate news operations. We’re in the business of delivering intelligence at the intersection of international commercial real estate and politics, sports, entertainment, business, technology and beyond. We are seeking a thorough editor who has a deep understanding of the commercial real estate market and is enthusiastic about amazing office and apartment buildings, brick and mortar retail, restaurants, architecture, design, technology, construction, urbanism and lifestyle trends.
- Provide editorial planning and hands-on execution for day-to-day West Coast CRE coverage, long-term packages and special projects for Bisnow.com and our large stable of newsletters.
- Manage a team of full-time reporters and freelancers, including organization and professional growth.
- Line edit online articles, newsletters and morning briefs.
- 5-10 years working on an editorial team; management experience in digital storytelling a plus
- Clear, friendly, hyper-organized, goals-based management style
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled, thorough and conscientious storyteller
- Experience editing and recruiting high-caliber writers and editors
- An eye for quality journalism, as well as stories with viral/share potential
- Excellent news judgment
- Deep familiarity with the competitive set in the West Coast CRE news space
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms
- Basic Google Analytics skills
- Basic SEO knowledge
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
Think you've got what it takes? Submit your resume & clips of your work.