Vice President, Audience & Marketing
A rare opportunity has arisen for a proven leader to help grow the audience of an industry-leading brand into a global B2B media force. Bisnow Media is looking for a VP, Audience & Marketing to join its executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO/COO, this person will lead a team of FTEs and contractors to drastically expand Bisnow’s penetration in existing markets and growth into new markets.
Our events & editorial portfolio is comprised of 350 events and 50 publications across U.S, Canada, U.K, Ireland and soon to be Mexico.
- Develop 2-3 year audience growth plan, set key quarterly milestones, and establish business plan for achieving goals
- Work with VP, Sales to develop marketing capabilities that are consistent with 2-3 product roadmap for sales team, and then establish delivery timelines
- Implement and oversee management of the Bisnow brand, including corporate public relations, brand awareness, media placements and positioning Editorial staff for national media hits.
- Oversight of marketing automation platform Eloqua to conduct all product marketing
- Responsible for marketing 350+ events full-cycle via distribution channels including but not limited to our newsletters, our website, dedicated blasts, and social media, and third party partnerships + onsite and external ads
- Lead implementation of a Customer Data Platform (CDP). Develop CDP application roadmap for sales, marketing, and editorial and oversee external vendors and budget related to CDP usage (i.e. ad retargeting vendors, Facebook spend, etc.
- Master audience segmentation to identify pockets for audience growth, create nurture campaigns for new users, personalize consumption-experiences, and increase conversions on event marketing
- Grow Bisnow’s web audience by exploring new distribution channels and developing media partnerships
- Monitor deliverability and audience health metrics to ensure we have engaged user base strong lists. Decrease overall unsubscribes by focusing on segmentation and personalization
- Manage Director, Audience Development and manage (indirectly) our 10-15 person team of contract researchers who scrape company data to grow existing and new market lists
- Oversee internal and external communications, serve as spokesperson and coordinate media placement
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A proven track record of managing and growing medium-sized teams (5+ years experience)
- Demonstrated experience in managing audience and/or marketing for rapidly growing company
- Demonstrated experience working with marketing automation platforms (2 years minimum)
- Experience collaborating with VP, Sales to build and market new products
- A strong thinker and collaborator that knows how to balance need for data-driven decision making and the need for solving problems quickly
- A leader with a strong emotional quotient and ability to inspire by explaining the “Why” not the “What”
- Proficient in: Google Analytics, Eloqua, Salesforce, SQL, online advertising systems Retargeting software
Our dream candidate will have experience…
- Working in publishing and/or events
- Implementing and/or working with a Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Experience in white-listing and deliverability
- Working under private equity management
- Academic or professional background in data science and statistics
- Communications & public relations experience
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn
about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds
insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will
rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?
We’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.