Bisnow Media is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and metric / results driven Head of Sales to lead a team of passionate, mission driven sales professionals through the next phase of Bisnow’s growth. The Head of Sales will report directly to the CEO, COO and will be a part of the Senior Management Team that reports directly to Bisnow’s Private Equity Investment Team.
What is Bisnow Media?
Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United State’s trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 300 events a year that are attended by over 70,000 people, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish tens of newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million executives. The Bisnow sales team is responsible for selling digital advertising, native advertising, lead generation and event sponsorships but not responsible for selling tickets.
What the Role Entails
- Managing a team of 25 sales people including 3-5 VP’s that report directly to the Head of Sales, 15 sales reps and 5 account managers.
- Implementing a robust training program for all sales reps and account managers across the country that covers: Bisnow’s existing and new products, the commercial real estate and B2B Media industries and Salesforce utilization and compliance.
- Developing a sales strategy within 90 days of start date aimed at geo-adapting the success that Bisnow has had in several markets across many other markets that Bisnow operates in with the goal of doubling booked sales in two and a half years.
- Recruiting new sales talent both in new and existing markets and consistently evaluating the performance of the existing sales team.
- Building the systems and processes necessary to execute successfully on the strategy outlined within 90 days of start date.
- Reporting directly on agreed upon KPI’s to the CEO, COO, Senior Management Team & Private Equity Board Members.
This Is the Place for You If You...
- You are motivated to win – you like to come in first place just because.
- You are self-aware and like to self-regulate – you see mistakes as life’s best learning opportunities.
- You are empathetic – you can step back and think about why someone did something rather than assume.
- You have strong social skills – you are able to motivate people to work with you and one another towards a common goal.
- You want to be part of a management team that believes in and lives by each of the above.
What Are the Benefits?
- Highly competitive compensation structure with base salary and bonus that includes aggressive over rides at and above goal.
- Full health, dental, vision and short-term disability benefits.
- Seamless work / life integration.
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded executives, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two. This is obviously not for everyone, so think about whether you want that before accepting an offer from us!