Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United State’s trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 400 events a year that are attended by over 80,000 ticket holders, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of CEO speakers. We also publish 50+ newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million CRE executives. The Bisnow sales team is responsible for selling digital advertising, native advertising, lead generation and event sponsorships which makes up for more than half the company’s revenues.
- Prospect potential strategic partners (advertisers and sponsors), for both Bisnow’s online and offline platforms
- Initiate reach out to prospective partners via multiple mediums (email, phone call, LinkedIn, creative methods etc.)
- Meet with at least 15 of these firms and the executives that represent them per week
- Close business consistently within the expectations and parameters agreed upon with senior management
- Manage strategic sales cycles while continually focusing on client goals and company success metrics
- Understand what is happening in the marketplace at all-times and how to deliver value to our partners
- Become an expert on the Bisnow platform and advise our partners on which products will deliver the most value
- Investigate and resolve client concerns
- Maintain an immaculate representation of your client base in Salesforce
- 5+ years of Outside Sales Experience (ideally within either commercial real estate or B2B media)
- Ability to travel when required within the United States
- Understanding of Salesforce, Google Docs, lead generation, cold calls, intelligent emailing, consultative approach to meetings, closing business, customer service and selling individual products as well as multi-touch campaigns
- (Preferred but not a deal breaker) willingness to public speak at events as well as a degree
- Be an incredible story teller
What Are The Benefits?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a highly competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit:
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like- minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.