Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United States' trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 300 events a year that are attended by over 70,000 people, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish tens of newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million executives.
Bisnow has three primary revenue streams: Tickets to our events, event sponsorship opportunities and advertising in both our newsletters and on our website.
What The Role Entails
Event producers at Bisnow are responsible for strategically placing C-level executives on high level & informative real estate conferences, working closely with our Sales Directors to ensure appropriate industry sponsors, and ultimately working to ensure financial success for every conference.
- Establish and maintain relationships with C-level executives within the Multifamily and Student Housing asset classes and other sectors of our targeted markets
- Confirm participation of real estate industry icons as speakers, panelists, and keynotes
- Collaborate with the Editorial team to create program content for each newsworthy event
- Conduct in-depth research into each topic and market - this includes active outreach to people in the industry
- Conduct phone, web, and in person research in dedicated markets to understand the highest level & largest developments and market players
- Conduct phone, web, and in person research specifically focusing on Multifamily to understand competitive conferences to ultimately finalize conference dates/times
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing, and financial performance of these events
What Are The Benefits?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.
Please keep in mind that as a fast growing, cutting edge media company, we look for innovation in everything so we do. So if you're great at everything above but don't like to change things up, get in the weeds and think of new ideas or innovate with fresh concepts, this likely isn't the right fit for you. But if you dig that, call us. Because so do we.