What is Bisnow Media?
Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United States' trillion-dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 300 events a year that are attended by over 70,000 people, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish dozens of newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million executives.
What the role entails:
- Being our all-access pass into continuing to dominate the commercial real estate industry
- Working a beat, traveling around Dallas, TX covering the latest trends, personalities and news related to the commercial real estate industry
- Reporting and producing a daily morning brief and three newsletters per week
- Infiltrating the CRE industry—turning arcane data into useful and entertaining information while maintaining personal relationships with lots of leads and sources
- Having an intimate knowledge of your market’s CRE business—knowing where the major players are located and what events they attend
- Keeping it fun, snappy, and informative
The Ideal Candidate Must Have:
- Knowledge of commercial real estate, urban and community planning and urban design is a plus, and contacts within those scenes are an even bigger plus
- Great writing skills
- News judgment, dot-connecting and a passion for the web
- Digital experience and has at least two years of experience in business journalism
- The personality of a self-starter and must be a thoughtful, opinionated and articulate writer who is interested in building his or her voice and journalistic brand on Bisnow.com
What are the benefits?
We will list some of the benefits but part of our culture is to embody humility. So hopefully you like what you see and learn about the rest on your own and throughout the process.
- We have a competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and clips of your work.