We are seeking a fast-paced and sales oriented individual for lead qualification/sales development to join our NYC office. Inside Sales Associates at Bisnow are responsible for working closely with our Sales Directors to ensure appropriate industry sponsors, and ultimately working to ensure financial success for every conference. This is a dynamic role that fits high energy, collaborative and smart sales people.
What is Bisnow Media?
Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United States' trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 300 events a year that are attended by over 70,000 people, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish 50+ newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million executives. The Bisnow sales team is responsible for selling digital advertising, native advertising, lead generation and event sponsorships.
How do we make money?
Bisnow has three primary revenue streams: Tickets to our events, event sponsorship opportunities and advertising in both our newsletters and on our website.
- Establish and maintain relationships with marketings executives within all asset classes and sectors of our targeted markets
- Conduct in-depth research to source & confirmation participation of sponsors for our CRE conferences
- Connect with sponsorship prospects using phone and email and responding to all inbound leads
- Document daily activities in Salesforce CRM
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into target accounts
- Work with a positive, cross functional team on an everyday basis to make certain of successful sponsorship, marketing and financial performance of these events
What are we looking for?
- Entry level to 1 year of sales or professional experience
- Cold calling, sales training and Salesforce.com experience is a plus but not required
- A strong interest in building a career in sales
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self discipline, organized and ambitious work ethic
- Able to consistently hit daily and monthly objectives
- A positive and energetic attitude with exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, sales-team environment
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training for a career in sales and the opportunity to be a key player at a rapidly growing company
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We're also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that's why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You'll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn't dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we're not perfect and don't pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- "Lack of structure." - we've gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don't have decades of experience. We're figuring things out as we go, so if you're someone who needs structure in place, we're probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- "Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place." - Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you're probably not going fast enough. We don't encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we're also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- "Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation." - We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that's not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn't be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don't really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.
Please keep in mind that as a fast growing, cutting edge media company, we look for innovation in everything so we do. So if you're great at everything above but don't like to change things up, get in the weeds and think of new ideas or innovate with fresh concepts, this likely isn't the right fit for you. But if you dig that, apply. Because so do we.