Bisnow is seeking a self-motivated team player who can multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
Over the course of the last decade, Bisnow has built itself into the largest media and events platform in the United States’ trillion dollar commercial real estate industry. Bisnow hosts almost 400 events a year that are attended by over 80,000 ticket holders, 2,000 sponsors and hundreds of speakers. We also publish 50+ newsletters that reach almost three quarters of a million CRE executives.
- Facilitate all logistical on-site coordination for all Bisnow events within a particular territory.
- Ensure that venues, AV, catering, party rental and all other necessary vendors are all confirmed prior to the event.
- Confirm all vendors have COI's and a full understanding of vendor load in and out times for the event.
- Ensure every aspect of the event is prepared prior and runs smooth from start to finish during.
- Negotiate pricing, contractual terms in the process.
- Pick up name-tags prior to the event and set up registration before guests arrive.
- Manage on-site ticket requests and charges through Bisnow’s square account.
- Bring all event signage and material to event space prior to start of event and ensure that all is safely removed from event once concluded.
- Coordinate with Bisnow Clients who are sponsoring the event to ensure that they are satisfied and supported throughout the entire process.
- Work with party rental vendors to set up Stage, Chairs and AV.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all time to provide an A++ attendee experience- this includes coffee, food, music, trash cans, etc.
What Are The Benefits?
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided years ago, to offer unlimited vacation.
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees.
- You’ll get to work with incredibly smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period).
What Are the Drawbacks?
Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description - but we know we’re not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- “Lack of structure.” – we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. We’re figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, we’re probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- “Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place.” – Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and we’re also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- “Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation.” – We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldn’t be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you don’t really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.