What is Escape/Ascent?
Escape & Ascent are Bisnow's invite-only retreats for the top 250 investors and developers from across the nation. The traditional format for real estate events today is: panels, bagels and business cards. For the past five years, the Escape retreat has evolved the way real estate investors and developers gather and connect.
How does it work?
- Our Escape curators are responsible for forging relationships with the most significant real estate players in the nation. We don’t sell tickets to just anyone, we curate a community of thoughtful and prolific entrepreneurs and real estate tycoons.
- The retreats are forty-two hours long in South Beach, Miami (East) or Scottsdale, Arizona (West) and combine three different elements we’ve found have delivered the highest value to our attendees: non-real estate content, activities and executive-level group discussions. We’ve had the likes of Tony Hsieh the billionaire CEO of Zappos to Chris Wink the founder of the Blue Man Group as before. We’ve taken the CEOs of publicly traded companies skydiving and we’ve driven race cars in Las Vegas with executives worth billions of dollars.
Who are we looking for?
- We need someone capable of flying into a new market, meeting C-suite executives, shaking hands, befriending the best and biggest in the industry, and creating and leveraging our brand to help build the community…consider yourself a micro-entrepreneur.
- We of course need people who bring a specific skillset, sure, but also for individuals who are capable of collaborating with others. We value problem-solvers. Doers.
The Day to Day (“Responsibilities”):
- Target top commercial real estate executives and invite them to attend the most exclusive and influential retreat for the industry in the United States
- Organize get-togethers for the top power-players year round that help build the real estate community in a more meaningful way.
- Develop, leverage and manage the relationships of the influential power-players and seek referrals to create a network of commercial real estate game-changers
Tools You Already Have (“Qualifications”):
- 1-5 years of work experience
- A knowledge of CRE or a strong interest/desire to be involved in the commercial real estate community
- Sales experience: know how to handle objections, how to research prospects, how to push someone to taking a meeting or close
- You are looking to join a company that is more fun, grows quicker, provides more opportunities for promotion, pays more for results, and is willing to invest substantially in growing your skills
- Curiosity and a need for a steep learning curve is ideal
- Being able to talk to prominent and aggressive professionals with ease and tact
- Excellent follow up, documentation skills, and persistence.